The APU Annual Fund is our largest annual drive to raise funds to benefit Alaska Pacific University programs.
Hundreds of alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff contribute to the fund each year, and their collective support has generated much-needed funds for some of the University’s most critical needs. Scholarships and financial aid for students in need, faculty recruitment and retention, development and support of our innovative academic programs, and campus are just some of the things supported with gifts to the Annual Fund.
Your gift, large or small, is critical to the university’s ongoing success, as virtually ever aspect of the university benefits from Annual Fund support. That’s because as unrestricted gifts, these contributions can be used by APU on a daily basis where the needs are greatest.
While there are many reasons to give to the APU Annual Fund, some of the top reasons include:
- The Annual Fund is the only fund that supports all students and programs across campus. Therefore, a gift to the annual fund has the greatest potential for impact on our students and the entire university.
- Tuition costs cover only 60 percent of the cost of a student’s education at APU. The Annual Fund helps bridge the gap between the actual cost of an APU education and the amount a students pay for tuition and fees.
- Alaska Pacific University is a great buy in education. APU’s tuitions remain well below the national average ($3,000 to $4,000 per year) for comparable four-year colleges. Gifts to the Annual Fund help us to keep tuition affordable for our current and future students.
- Gifts to the Annual Fund help underwrite scholarships and university financial aid. Each year, the majority of APU undergraduate students receive scholarships and/or financial aid provided directly by the university.
- Students at Alaska Pacific University receive an active, highly personalized education through small class sizes and meaningful interaction with faculty – a hallmark of an APU education. Gifts to the annual fund allow us to hire and retain top-notch faculty, and maintain an average student/faculty ratio averaging 10 to 1.
- As a private, non-profit university Alaska Pacific University receives no funding from the State of Alaska. Therefore, we rely on the financial assistance of our alumni and friends in order to continue to provide the best and most affordable education possible for our students.
- Your contribution to the Annual Fund, no matter the amount, will have an immediate effect on the university’s ability to continue providing students with a highly personal, affordable and top-notch education. And that’s something to be proud of!