The MBA program uses a hybrid format: each course is half online and half in the classroom. Classroom-based time consists of 3 full days of intensive work. Here is the annual schedule for course offerings and the course schedule for the upcoming semester:
The trimesters are structured as follows:
|Summer: May 31 – August 4, 2012||Fall: September 19 - December 10, 2011||Spring: February 6 - April 28, 2012|
|Core MBA(Alaska)||MBA 618; MBA 624; MBA 664||MBA 653; MBA 663; MBA 670||MBA 642; MBA 652; MBA 697|
|Core MBA(Austria)||MBA 642; MBA 697; MBA 6XX (elective)|
|MBA Finance Concentration||Investments, Risk Management, Fund Practicum|
|MBA Entrepreneurship Courses||Entrepreneurship, E Business, Valuation|
|EMBA Strategic Leadership||MBA 665; MBA 625|
|MBA ICT||MCT 663; MCT 661; MBA 632|
|MBA HSA Concentration||Final Module: Program Evaluation Health Care Finances||Systems; Ethics; HR(replaces the core MBA above)|
|Thesis Option||Final Module: Thesis||Research Seminar|
The format for courses (except Summer MBA Core courses – see below for details) is
- 6 weeks of one 2.5-hour class/week: webcast or archived recording
- Asynchronous readings, discussions, exercises
- Currently (as of this summer) it will be 4 online classes followed by 3 days followed by 2 online classes, followed by 2 weeks.
- Followed by 2 weeks to complete course projects asynchronously.
The Summer trimester MBA core courses are structured differently:
- MBA 664 starts on a Thursday evening, continues for the following full weekend, and finishes on the Sunday following.
- MBA 618 meets Monday-Wednesday
- MBA 624 meets Thursday-Saturday
The days for MBA 618 and 624 will alternate from one year to the next (to accommodate students who have difficulty scheduling 3 days off from work). These courses will then meet for 6 class meetings after the in-class days (over the following 6 weeks).