The minor in education for non-education undergraduate majors will provide a background for educational theory, different approaches and strategies for instruction, and recognition of diverse learner needs. Practicum component allows applications of theory into practice within a student’s major field of study. Students seeking an Education Minor are not required to apply for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program.
- CS 22700 – History and Culture of Alaska Natives (3)
- ED 21400 – Exploring the Learning Community (2)
- ED 21500 – Classroom Leadership and Management (2)
- ED 31400 – Differentiated Instruction – Response to Instruction (4)
- ED 45300 – Multicultural Education (3)
- ED 38500 – Practicum (3-12) (education within the major area)