When you choose the OS concentration in Wilderness Therapy, you’ll explore ways to combine your love of outdoor activities with your desire to help people flourish.
Wilderness Therapy at APU features challenging practicum experiences that can take you deep into the Alaska backcountry as you gain insight into therapy traditions. While the degree does not lead to certification, the Wilderness Therapy concentration prepares you for advanced study and enhances your personal growth as an outdoor professional.
- PY 15000 – Introduction to Psychology: Adjustment and Change (3-4)
- PY 25000 – Nature and Psychological Well-Being (4)
- PY 33000 – Psychology of Substance Use and Dependency (4)
- PY 34000 – Going to Extremes: Abnormal Psychology (3-4)
- PY 35000 – Psychotherapeutic Uses of the Wilderness (4)
- PY 38500 – Field Experience (3-12) At least 3 credits
- OS 38500 – Practicum (1-12) At least 3 credits
- PY 22100 – Ecopsychology (4)