- All pages on this site follow U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on this site follow priorities 1 & 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All pages on this site validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional.
Web pages on this site include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation,
- A “side bar”,
- A main content area,
- A footer.
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable alt attributes.
- Content should be usable/accessible with images “off” (disabled).
- The main navigation bar on this site uses an Image Replacement technique that makes the links accessible to non-visual browsers.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- All form controls are appropriately and explicitly labeled.
- We provide a PDF version as an alternative form of access for many of our online forms.
- Form validation routine does not rely on client-side script.
- We are using non obtrusive client-side scripts.
Pop up Windows
- Browsers with Popup Blockers should be able to access these external documents.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers.
- Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).