Primary Scope of Position:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Student Financial Services, the Student Financial Services Technician assists students and parents regarding federal, state and institutional student financial aid.
- Provide assistance to students, parents, and the general public concerning financial aid, including the application process, eligibility criteria, disbursement of aid and responsibilities for continued receipt of financial aid at Alaska Pacific University.
- Assist Director with packaging institutional and federal financial aid as needed
- Assist in processing of direct student loans, inclusive of MPN, entrance counseling, and credit checks
- Perform data entry relating to student financial aid (i.e. verification)
- Set-up, maintain and review student files and other necessary files by both a manual system and a computer base system.
- Coordinate with the admissions office for student eligibility during recruitment process
- Apply federal, state and institutional regulations consistently and by all guidelines
- AA Degree Required, BA Degree preferred
- Min. 1 year experience with Financial Aid
- Min. 1 year Higher Education Experience
- Min. 1 year Office Experience
- Familiar with electronic processing
- Experience with federal programs (EDConnect, EdExpress, COD, NSLDS, etc.)
Alaska Pacific University is an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer