Provide professional and senior level clerical support to Business Department leaders and faculty. Work with little supervision in a multi-task environment. Serve as department’s personal representative, troubleshooter, and liaison with faculty, staff and students. Perform special projects involving multiple internal offices and outside organizations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates academic agreements with community organizations.
- Coordinates special projects involving multiple external organizations.
- Coordinates the scheduling of classes in conjunction with the program directors.
- Coordinates and implement orientation programs throughout the academic year.
- Assists with coordination of IACBE requirements.
- Assists with student advising for all programs within the department.
- Assists with coordination of promotional events with Admissions department.
- Acts as the primary contact and liaison between external and internal organizations.
- Develops and updates the Business Administration publications and web presence.
- Maintain the department’s academic and annual calendars and screen calls, visitors, and mail.
- Secure and process confidential information concerning the university and related entities.
- Monitor department budget reports and conduct analysis of accounting documents as requested.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year administrative office experience preferred, or 4 years administrative office experience, both at senior-level responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, to follow assignments to completion on a timely basis, and maintain accurate filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Current and valid Alaska driver’s license.
Alaska Pacific University is an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer