Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program (ANELP)
The Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program (ANELP) is graduate certificate designed to meet the specific needs of Alaska Native Corporations by providing future executive with the foundational knowledge to excel in today’s competitive business climate and the know-how to build a holistic approach to identifying areas for improvement and strategies for change.
The Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge in key functional business areas through completion of nine modules. Each module is one month in length and consists of two days per week of classroom instruction on the Alaska Pacific University campus and pre- and post-assignments that can be completed from anywhere in the world. Participants are also partnered with a mentor in their sponsoring organization who will assist the student in identifying career goals and future professional development opportunities.
Linked to the Executive MBA Program
In addition to the graduate certificate in Alaska Native Executive Leadership, students may elect to enroll in Alaska Pacific University’s Executive MBA program. Credits earned in ANELP can be applied toward an Executive MBA; for example, students could complete a third of their Executive MBA through ANELP.
ANELP is designed for high-potential leaders. Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Commitment to attend all sessions and successfully complete all modules
- Minimum of three years of managerial-level or above work experience
- Currently holds a leadership position
- A bachelor’s degree or 10 years of progressive work experience
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Identified potential to meaningfully contribute to the Alaska Native community
- An executive referral and corporate endorsement (more detail below)
Apply now, space is limited!
The Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program is a partnership between Alaska Pacific University, Afognak Native Corporation, the Aleut Corporation, CIRI, Chugach Alaska Corporation and Britstol Bay Native Corporation.