Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology
Real-world projects prepare you for careers
Hands-on field work at Alaska Pacific University starts from your earliest days in our program.
Project-based learning means your degree from Alaska Pacific University offers plenty of opportunity for real-world field work leading to professional careers.
Expect to collaborate on faculty-led research in areas like marine ecology and monitoring, animal behavior and foraging, and sustainable fisheries. Consider joining our Alaska-based projects like:
- helping design environmentally smart fishing gear
- monitoring Aleutian Island sea lion rookeries
- exploring the behavior of the elusive giant Pacific octopus
Our partners, your network
Our work with agencies and non-governmental organizations involves you in resume-building science that employers value. APU students just like you are competing successfully for:
- graduate programs in Alaska, Washington and Oregon
- internships at the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska SeaLife Center
- careers in fisheries management and research, marine observing, environmental consulting
Extend your knowledge—and make the most of your APU tu- ition—with an Eco League academic exchange at sustainability- aware campuses nationwide.
Marine Biology Core
Marine Biology Electives
Application Date Requirements
1 month prior to the start of block or session class