Doctor of Psychology in Counseling Psychology
Professionalism to the next degree
APU’s psychology doctorate is the only campus-based program of its kind in Alaska, where the need for counselors continues to grow. We welcome professionals ready for cohort learning in an accredited program designed for working adults.
Your PsyD is based on self-directed learning contracts. Weekend intensives keep you connected to peers and faculty. PsyD is a three- year program offering a choice between licensure-eligiblity in Alaska or elsewhere, or study for enrichment not leading to licensure.
Our students represent the range of psychology career paths
- licensed professional counselors seeking to expand knowledge
- a lawyer with expertise in counseling psychology and mediation
- a psychology professor eager to return to a counseling practice
Rewarding education for a rewarding profession
Your PsyD is a comprehensive three-year program encompass- ing theory and application, research and practice, and profes- sional experience and internship. PsyD projects demonstrating excellence are self-assigned capstones for personal enrichment and career enhancement.
Recent projects include:
- an exploration of interventions that engage youth in their own behavioral treatment
- performance and rehabilitation imagery workshop for athletes
Application Date Requirements
February 1st for Summer