The Devo Program is an early development program for cross-country ski racing. The goal of the program is to introduce and develop cross-country ski skills, promote general fitness, and create a love of the sport to last a lifetime.
Training sessions are held three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). In the winter sessions are all skiing, both classic and skate. In the summer we promote ‘ski training’ with a variety of activity, including running, roller skiing, games, and strength. We believe Devo athletes should be active everyday, participating in multiple sport activities and programs. As they transition to Junior program, training becomes more specific.
We encourage athletes to participate in Besh Cups and Middle School ski programs.
APU has a strong tradition in Nordic skiing, producing some of the best skiers in the US and the world, including overall World Cup Sprint Champion and former APU junior, Kikkan Randall. The Devo program is a great first step and it is a whole lot of fun!
2014-15 Season Options
- Year-round (All Sessions below)
- Spring (May 5 to May 23) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 5:15 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Summer (May 26 to August 15) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
- Fall (August 25 to October 25) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 5:15 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Winter (October 27 to April 3) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 5:15 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Devo Girdwood Camp (June 23-25)
- Hatcher Pass Camp (July 30-Aug1)
*Camps fees are in addition to program fees and in order to participate athletes must be signed up for either the year round or summer session.
Additional program details and registration policies:
- Registration payments are due in full before the first day of the session.
- For those new to the program we require 1-3 “trial” practices before official enrollment in the program. After the trial practices our Devo coaches will let you (the parent) know if your child is an appropriate match for the program. The trial is for safety and proper grouping for development.
- Besh Cup race support is included in the Year Round and Winter membership fees.
- Payment plans are available for year round participants. The first ½ of the fee is due on the first day of practice with the second ½ due on October 4. Please choose the “Year round payment plan” option on registration sheet.
- Family discounts are available. To be eligible you must have three or more family members signed up for APU programs, two of which must be year round members. After purchasing two year-round memberships, all additional memberships are half price.
We look forward to your participation in our program!