We’re All About Community
Students from all over the country come to Alaska Pacific University for a variety of reasons, but when students are asked what they like most about APU, the response often has to do with the close-knit campus community they have come to call their family. Student Life at APU includes countless opportunities and you’ll find something no matter what your interest are. At APU we pride ourselves on personal attention for students, and we guarantee you’ll feel connected to campus the moment you arrive.
Because education goes way beyond the classroom at APU, you’ll find a whirl-wind of active learning experiences throughout the campus community.
- Join student government as a representative of your class and take on the challenges of a student leader.
- Volunteer for environmental awareness activities with the “Orbicular Club” to help bring climate awareness to the larger community.
- Sign up with APU’s Trail Running Club to learn more about staying healthy and discovering the trail system around campus.
- Choose to live on campus with the residential community and enjoy playing pool or watching a film in the lounge with your roommate.
- Rope up with a friend in the Climbing Gym or swim a few laps in the pool to get a workout before dinner.
- Kickback and enjoy a latte from Ground Theory Café while you study with your classmates in Grant Hall.
No matter who you are or what you’re into, you’ll find a welcoming environment and exciting opportunities at Alaska Pacific University.
This Student Handbook contains information about some of the resources available to APU students, as well as a listing of non-academic policies. The Dean of Students’ office, the Campus Life office, and the Associated Students of Alaska Pacific University (ASAPU) develop this publication. These policies and procedures provide the framework for much of student life at APU.