Step 1 Select a Program
You have chosen
Associate Degree in Nursing
Step 2 Review Important Information
A $25 application fee is required for all applications. Applications submitted after the priority deadline will be assessed a $50 application fee.
Application Opens: January 3, 2022
Application Closes: March 6, 2022
*Along with the admissions application, all required documents must be received by March 6. Incomplete applications and late documents will not be accepted.
Step 3 Submit Additional Supporting Documents
All documents listed below must be submitted in order to complete your application for admission. An admission decision will not be made until all required documents are received.
Please download and submit the Pre-Requisite Worksheet Form to provide additional information on completion of pre-requisite requirements.
Résumé and Cover Letter
Current cover letter and Résumé including: Professional Statement, Education, Licensure & Certifications, Work Experience, Community Engagement, Academic & Co-Curricular Activities, Awards, Professional Memberships, Skills, and Three references with contact information.
After reviewing completed applications, students will be scheduled for an interview with Nursing faculty.
If you have less than 30 college credit hours you must submit your Official final high school transcript (must show the date of graduation) or official GED score report.
Transcripts/score reports are considered official when received in an envelope that was sealed by the credit-awarding institution and arrive at APU unopened. Electronic transcripts are also accepted when sent directly to APU from the credit-awarding institution via a secured electronic transcript service. All official electronic documents must be sent to email@example.com.
Postsecondary transcripts from all institutions attended. This requirement includes students who earned college credit at another institution while in high school.
A cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher based on a 4.0 unweighted scale.
Please submit all documents via one of the following methods:
Office of Admissions
Alaska Pacific University
4101 University Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508
New students who have earned 30 or more college-level semester credits (20 or more quarter credits) are classified as transfer students. Only courses wherein the applicant earned a letter grade of “C” or better will be transferred. The applicant must complete and submit the following documents:
- Undergraduate application for admission
- Final official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Transcripts are considered official when received in an envelope that was sealed by the credit-awarding institution and arrive at APU unopened. Electronic transcripts are also accepted when sent directly to APU from the credit-awarding institution via a secured electronic transcript service. All official electronic documents must be sent to Click to send an firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions Appeal Process
Applicants who do not meet the published admissions standards may request an Admissions Appeal Form the Office of Admissions following or in anticipation of a denial of admission. Appeals will be considered first by the Director of Admissions and may be forwarded to an academic department or committee for review. The applicant will be notified in writing once a decision has been made regarding their appeal.
For admission purposes, an applicant will be considered and processed as an international student if they intend to enter the US or transfer from another US institution on an F-1 student visa. Before APU may provide supporting documents (Form I-20), the applicant must complete and submit the following in addition to standard application materials as noted above:
- Supplemental Application for International Admission
- Foreign credentials evaluation for all transcripts and/or degrees obtained outside the United States. For this purpose, APU recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org). Translation services may also be acquired through WES for transcripts not available in English.
- Official score report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language. For minimum score requirements, see university catalog. (Exemption from this requirement exists for applicants from countries wherein English is the predominate or officially recognized language.)
Step 4 Complete the Online Application
Please note you will need to create a new account to begin your online application. This new username and password is only for the application and will cease to be valid once you submit the completed application. An Admissions Counselor will contact you within a week after receiving your application to discuss any other documents necessary to complete your application.
Step 5 Wait for your Acceptance Decision
Once all required documents have been received, your application will be reviewed for an admission decision by the Nursing Faculty. All applicants will be given a decision in April.