APU received additional guidance from the Department of Education regarding distribution and usage of the CARES Act relief funds (the original announcement is below). The updated application is attached. If you have already applied, you are not required to apply again; however the new guidance may affect the eligibility of your request. The changes to the original email below are summarized here:
- Expenses are as of March 13, not March 12
- Student worker lost wages are NOT eligible expenses
- Applicants must be eligible to apply for and receive federal student aid (FAFSA completion or being a financial aid recipient is not required). As such, international students and some others are ineligible.
- Spring 2020 students continuing to enroll Summer 2020 may also request summer expenses. Future summer expenses must still be “expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care).”
- Supporting documentation can include receipts, estimates, or typed explanations or justifications for the expense
We know it continues to be a challenging time for you and your families. We are here to celebrate your graduation or continue to support your enrollment. Please do not hesitate to ask for financial or other assistance if you need it.
Hilton Hallock, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Alaska Pacific University