Assists in maintaining all aspects of Accounts Payable.
- Receives and processes expenditure requests, including verification of supporting documents, spending authority and GL account code.
- Handles communications with vendors, employees, and independent contractors regarding expenditure requests, account status, and Third-Party reporting.
- Preforms Accounting department administrative duties such as greeting people at the front desk, answering phones, ordering supplies, and emailing vendors/customers.
- Enters check request/invoices/credit memos to accounting program (MS Great Plains).
- Emails invoice copies to appropriate spending authority for payment approval and check request preparation. Follows up and keeps track of correspondence on all outstanding paperwork.
- Sets up recurring expenses for AP P-Card processing, performs monthly reconciliation.
- Audits/verifies APU Corporate P-Card expenditures and account coding. Integrates transactions into GP accounts payable.
- Determines invoice payment due dates, prepare batches for review and check processing.
- Prints checks for signature. Mails/distributes payments and files backup documentation.
- Uploads electronic bank file of check run.
- Identifies, logs, and enters (to AP) all EFT payments and ACH withdrawals for third-party payments.
- Enrolls and monitors ACH Fraud Filter vendors, approves payments as presented.
- Reconciles statements and invoice balances, including monthly insurance statements.
- Receives and distributes accounting and all other unaddressed campus mail.
- Maintains file systems and accuracy of records relating to disbursements, including vendor files, check registers and various electronic payment spreadsheets.
- Records and tracks cost and capitalization of fixed assets; reviews and retires from inventory.
- Prepares computerized reports of open items, cash requirements, vehicle usage, and other reports.
- Reconciles AP balance to the general ledger.
- Tracks, prepares, and produces annual 1099 tax statements.
- Assists in annual financial audit preparation.
- Performs back up for daily cash receipts collection, reporting and posting.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of accounts payable accounting principles and cash handling.
- Skill in PC operation including Excel use, Word processing and 10-key by touch.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in data entry.
- Skill in following and understanding complex directions.
- Skill in completing assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Skill in handling potentially stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Skill in the use of judgment based on circumstances and making decisions in professional manner.
- Skill in effectively communicating with both internal and external customers.
Minimum Education Qualification
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years Accounts Payable, computer processing, and Microsoft Excel experience required.
Preferred Experience Qualification
Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains is preferredApply Online