Provides coordination work and administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Office of Advancement & Sponsored Programs, and the Business Department with emphasis on providing strong stewardship and accounting of campus gifts and grants, database management and reporting, and general office support.
Records Management and Reporting
- Serve as primary for entering, maintaining, and reporting electronic database entries relevant to departmental operations.
- Maintain address, contact information and correspondence with donors and alumni in electronic data bases.
- Process donations received and prepare tax letters.
- Assist the team with mailings, publications, and posters.
Office Support/Budget Maintenance
- Participate in preparation of department budget projections, plans, and tracking.
- Process purchases via university credit card.
- Provide overall general office support.
Advancement, Alumni Relations, and Business Administration
- Coordinate academic agreements for professional and corporate programs with community organizations.
- Coordinate and implement orientation activities for Business Administration and Corporate programs.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with the Business Administration Advisory Board.
- Assist with fundraisers, donor appreciation events, and alumni events – preparation, setup, hosting, take-down.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reporting and reconciliation for the OASP and Business Administration area faculty.
- Assist with the distribution of alumni communications and current student and alumni surveys.
- Assist with coordination of IACBE requirements.
- Act as the primary contact and liaison between external and internal organizations for the Business Department.
Knowledge and Skills
- Skill in face to face and interpersonal communication.
- Skill in database management.
- Skill in prioritizing workload accordingly.
- Skill in numeracy, attention to detail, and ability to use spreadsheets to present clear financial and quantitative analysis and information.
- Skill in working flexibly; to manage competing priorities and to meet strict deadlines.
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality; being tactful and discrete in all interactions.
- Skill in working independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Skill in filing and record keeping.
- Skill in interacting with others on a professional level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Teams.
Minimum Education Qualification
Two years college coursework and three years progressively responsible experience related to the program specialty, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years of related administrative experience in an academic or professional setting.
Ability to obtain an Alaska driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.Apply Online