This position is responsible for supporting the Director of Admissions in the daily operational functions for Alaska Pacific University.
Department Operations and Management
- Ensures integrity of Admissions processes and workflows, including established communications plans and internal/interdepartmental processes for new students.
- Supports the promotion and implementation of departmental policies and procedures for the equitable and consistent administration of the University’s academic policies and procedures.
- Supervises Student Enrollment Services Data Specialist and Front Desk Coordinator
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers.
- Assists Admission Counselors/Staff Assistants in operational areas.
- Works directly and collaboratively with the Student Enrollment Service Team (Admissions, Registrar’s Office, Student Financial Services), Dean of Students, Campus Life, and the APU faculty to coordinate and expedite the process of admission and matriculation.
- Acts as primary resource for collecting and disseminating institutional data pertinent to the recruitment effort, including data sets and reports for the Director of Admissions.
- Provides and promotes the use of regular reporting and data analysis for recruitment, retention, and resources management.
- Oversees the department’s use of all SIS systems and the processing of prospective and student information data, ensuring that data entered into the system are accurate and timely for use by various departments across the university.
- Serves as backup budget officer and provides other management support in absence of the Director.
Outreach and Recruitment
- Assists the Director in developing strategic recruitment plans, including outreach throughout Alaska, nationally, and internationally and with Tribal organizations and Indigenous communities.
- Plans and implements recruitment and school/organization partner events in collaboration with Director of Admissions.
- Oversees management of campus visits and tours
- Coordinates implementation of the communication plan forall prospects, applicants, and admitted students; collaborates with Director of Admissions to determine new communication sequences for new developing markets.
- Counsels freshmen, undergraduate transfer, graduate & international applicants regarding the admission process, department requirements, deadlines, processing, financial aid, and housing when admissions counselors are unavailable.
- Represents APU at high schools and recruitment fairs, as needed.
- Ensures that accurate information on the University and its educational degree programs is provided to prospective students; helps maintain accuracy of Admissions information in recruitment materials, on the APU website and in academic catalog.
- Provides administrative and customer service support to assist in the daily functioning of the Admissions Office.
- Participates in the development of university policies that pertain to the creation and maintenance of student records within APU’s student database/enterprise management software.
- Serve on standing and ad-hoc committees, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to recruitment, admissions, and selectivity.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data to support strategic decision making and planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Event and project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of applications and technologies, including student information/enterprise systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in working with diverse constituencies with varying needs.
- Skill in recruiting traditional-age, adult and transfer students for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Minimum Education Qualification
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Three (3) years Admissions office experience.
Preferred Experience Qualification
Advanced computer and data analysis skills preferred. Experience with student information systems strongly preferred.
Current and valid driver’s license required with ability to pass a driving record check and driving test.
Ability to travel independently. Must be able to travel for up to two weeks at a time on University business.Apply Online