The Assistant to the Dean of Students primarily provides professional and secretarial support to the Dean of Students.
- Assist the Dean of Students in organizing the functions associated with the office including scheduling, compiling student data, processing paperwork, preparing reports, and maintaining confidential records appropriately.
- Work on special projects involving multiple internal offices.
- Monitor divisional budget preparing reports and conducting analysis of accounting documents as requested.
- Use CAMS/Great Plains software to produce enrollment reports for Student Affairs Team.
- Maintain student affairs office and divisional filing systems.
- Represent Student Affairs Team at meetings when requested.
- Assist student government by helping student leaders understand procedures and train students in processing required forms.
- Help coordinate and implement orientation programs throughout the academic year.
- Secure and process confidential documents and information regarding student counseling and disciplinary matters.
- Assist in the development of student affairs publications including the Student Handbook, orientation brochures, Student Leadership Award brochure and ASAPU Club/Organization and Advisor Handbook.
- Coordinate with Student Financial Services the Student Leadership Award program throughout the year.
- Serve as the university’s point of contact and coordinator for Disability Support Services.
- Prepare and administer Disability Support Services budget.
- Develop an improved web presence to provide information for disability support.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of ADA compliance.
- Skill in customer service including skill in working with diverse populations.
- Skill in both written and verbal communication.
- Skill in working with MS Word, MS Excel, and student information systems.
- Skill in effectively resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in performing well under pressures associated with customer demands.
- Skill in effectively communicating and working with both internal and external customers.
- Skill in working with limited supervision in a complex multi-task environment while carrying out special projects involving multiple internal offices and outside organizations.
Minimum Education Qualification
- Associates Degree required.
Minimum Experience Qualification
- Non-Supervisory: Three (3) years administrative experience