Oversees the campus store and the mailroom operations in all aspects of daily needs. Works autonomously to develop existing and new relationships with vendors to reduce expenses and/or increase revenue opportunities.
- Supervises staff in all areas of the campus store and mailroom.
- Tracks and monitors budgets for the campus store, mailroom.
- Reviews and processes staff and faculty office supplies orders.
- Manages department including hiring, orientation, training, discipline, and termination of student, temp, part-, and/or full-time staff.
- Orders textbooks for the university and returns textbooks back to the publishers in a timely manner.
- Supervises the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales or logo merchandise, supplies, books, and food items.
- Develops and maintains a tracking system for book orders to support an effective and functional operation.
- Establishes a process of tracking and auditing office supply orders for contract compliance.
- Develops relationship with vendors to negotiate the best price and quality of products.
- Seeks new, local, and economical vendors while maintaining low inventory carryover.
- Develops an invoice tracking system to ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Develops comprehensive budgeting tools to monitor expenditures and revenues.
- Manage university e-accounts for operational supplies (Staples Advantage) including user accounts, cost accounts, and budget transfers.
- Develops training manuals and communication for internal processes for book orders, e-accounts, CAMS, and graduation.
- Manages graduation regalia orders for all undergraduate and graduate students including pricing, inventory, and communication.
- Implements methods to reduce expenses and increase revenue opportunities.
- Coordinates with and educate faculty on proper textbook purchasing guidelines to ensure compliance with proper procedures and best practices.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and well merchandised store.
- Works to increase the profitability of the campus store.
- Conducts special event sales.
- Works with Registration Office to order and track graduation supplies (3x annually).
- Supervises the delivery and pick up of mail and supplies to the campus community.
- Manages department, including hiring, orientation, training, discipline, and termination of student, temp, part-, and/or full-time staff.
- Performs daily preparation of mail, delivery and pick up for students, staff and faculty.
- Processes the shipping and receiving regular mail, bulk mail, stamps, and packages for campus.
- Processes internal budgetary tracking, charge backs and sales.
- Monitors purchases through the Pitney Bowes postal system and works with Accounting & Finance on reconciliations.
- Maintains vendor relationships for university shipping and receiving logistics.
- Manages university compliance with federal, state, and local regulations for incoming and outgoing mail including services to/from USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- Performs cost analyses on leased and subscription-based equipment for shipping and receiving.
- Develops pricing models that increases revenues.
- Develops internal communications for implementation of new processes, changes to services and pricing in conjunction with vendor information changes.
- Supervises student, temp, and part-time staff for mailroom services.
Knowledge and Skills
- Skill in effectively supervisory skills, including the ability to train employees.
- Skill in working effectively with little supervision.
- Skill in organization.
- Skill in actively solving problems and creating solutions while completing daily tasks.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in attention to detail.
- Skill in working with Microsoft Office and internet.
Minimum Education Qualification
A Bachelor’s degree preferred. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years of procurement/purchasing experience AND two (2) years of merchandising/retail experience.
Preferred Education Qualification
A Bachelor’s degree in the Business field preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position is required to stand for long periods throughout the day; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, or kneel. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.Apply Online