JOB SUMMARY: The Chief Enrollment Management and Marketing Officer provides leadership, oversight, and coordination for the services and operations within Student Enrollment Services: Admissions, Financial Aid, Marketing, and Registrar’s Office. The CEMMO will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the University’s strategic enrollment initiatives and outcomes, while providing vision and leadership to the University in all areas of enrollment management and marketing. He/she will provide leadership in designing the College’s enrollment strategies, financial aid optimization and is expected to make sophisticated use of high-quality, data-driven, evidence-based enrollment decisions.
- Serve on President’s Council, the highest administrative council at APU.
- Responsible for the development of an integrated strategic enrollment management plan to support the objectives and goals outlined in the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Serve as the expert on matters of recruitment, admission, marketing, and financial aid practices, policies and strategies.
- Establish and implement measurable goals and objectives for each supervisory area including assessment plans, budgets, timelines and benchmarks.
- Lead strategic planning for the University relating to student recruitment and retention
- Identification of potential markets and programs
- Research of admissions, recruitment, financial aid awarding and retention trends
- Analysis of past initiatives
- Oversight of annual student recruitment plan, including goals and methods
- Coordinate the efforts of faculty, administration, and other campus offices to enhance student recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Coordinate with Director of Student Financial Aid in determining the offering and strategy of awarding institutional financial aid.
- Coordinate with University Registrar regarding registration policies and procedures.
- Coordinate external communication operations for the University, including but not limited to: admissions-related advertisements and publications, social media platforms, communication plans, ensuring that there is a liaison between advertising agencies, other outside vendors, and the University.
- In collaboration with external website developer, oversee the visual and text content of the University website involved in serving prospective and returning students.
- Hire, supervise, and train Enrollment Management Directors (Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar) and Assistant Directors.
- Provide consultation as needed on the rest of the Student Enrollment Services staff.
- Develop and administer Student Enrollment Services budget
- Develop policies and procedures concerning recruitment, admission, registration, and financial aid awarding at the
- University in conjunction with SES Directors and in relation to the Strategic Enrollment Plan for the University.
- Make presentations on the University and its programs to groups and organizations.
- Participate in appropriate Anchorage civic organizations and activities.
- Represent Student Enrollment Services on institutional committees.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Skill in working effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, and external constituents
- Skill in collaborative, interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
- Skill in analyzing and solving problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Skill in analysis of key metrics to evaluate return on investment for enrollment strategies
- Skill in enrollment leadership and service that shows integrity, accountability, and ability to achieve goals
- Skill in building a strong enrollment team including the ability to hire, mentor, and hold team members accountable for meeting office and University goals and expectations
- Skill in building strong collaborative working relationships with colleagues from the faculty and other key groups across the University.
- Skill in management of complex budgets for the Enrollment and Marketing area.
- Skill in promoting diversity and cultural competencies within the Enrollment area.
- Knowledge and proven ability to use analytics as part of a comprehensive enrollment strategic plan including:
- Knowledge of the strategic application of financial aid resources to achieve enrollment and net revenue goals
- Knowledge of trend data to position the University’s enrollment efforts in the most productive directions.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement “best practices” for enrollment and financial aid activities.
- Knowledge of student recruitment, marketing, advising, and retention strategies
- Knowledge of matters of compliance and confidentiality in the use of student information for recruitment, enrollment, and financial aid; i.e., FERPA laws
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
At least five years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the key areas of recruiting and marketing.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Experience in a Tribal College and/or the Alaska Tribal Health System.