Responsible for all aspects of conferencing and events services on APU’s campus to maximize the use of APU’s facilities while not in use for academic purposes.
- Schedules and coordinates public events, seminars, conferences and services for campus and/or community organizations.
- Acts as APU’s representative in the community to build relationships to encourage the use of University facilities.
- Arranges various aspects of events such as catering, technology requirements, parking, staffing or other services.
- Schedules facilities and services for University and outside organizations’ events.
- Maintains facility use calendar and reserves appropriate space giving priority to academic and student users.
- Coordinates with renters’ representative to negotiate rental costs and determine contract requirements.
- Coordinates with various University departments to fulfill event requirements and/or requested services including reserving rooms, determining catering needs, preparing conference materials, tracking various expenditures and revenues, collecting fees and maintaining necessary records.
- Supports University Advancement efforts through assistance with special events.
- Maintains direct contact with personnel from outside organizations or University departments associated with scheduled events.
- Attends major events to facilitate operations and responds to emergencies, problems, etc.
- Represents university in public relations/liaison capacity on matters relating to events and at departmental meetings.
- Works closely with Finance and Accounting Department to ensure that external users are billed and payments are received in a timely manner.
- Processes vendor invoices in a timely manner, in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventory of conference/events equipment.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budgets. Provides management with periodic reports of facility use.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Knowledge of scheduling and contract administration.
- Knowledge of supervisory and leadership skills and practices.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints with tact and professionalism.
- Skill in organization in order to coordinate several events simultaneously.
- Skill in both written and verbal communication.
- Skill in using in Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic skills in audio-visual technology.
- Basic knowledge in computer technology.
Minimum Education Qualification
Bachelor’s degree. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years of experience in facility and/or service administration and coordination.
Required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events. Required to responds to after-hours/weekend conferencing needs.Apply Online