Prepares food for meal plan, catered events, and summer camps at Alaska Pacific University delivering quality, homemade product to all clients.
- Maintain systems and procedures that will insure the quality, innovation and creative dining for the food service program on campus.
- Works to deliver quality in every aspect of customer/client satisfaction.
- Prepares menu items requiring basic technical skills, such as meats, vegetables, soups, and other food stuffs.
- Maintains and oversees the proper sanitation procedures in all areas of the kitchen and food service areas.
- Works to ensure that each meal include a representation of low calorie, low fat/low cholesterol foods. Makes every possible effort to reduce and control fat and grease content.
- Grills and serves food from the cafeteria line as needed.
- Operates catering preparation and delivery.
- Supervises student utility workers in the kitchen.
- Communicates with the Assistant Director or Director of Dining regarding student utility workers and kitchen services in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of how to accommodate customers with special dietary needs including allergies, vegan, and vegetarian practices.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation practices.
- Knowledge of high-volume food production.
- Skill in communicating effectively both written and verbally.
- Skill in maintaining a positive and professional work attitude with both internal and external customers.
- Skill in providing great customer service and in presenting oneself in a friendly and helpful manner.
Minimum Education Qualification
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years’ experience in the food service industry.
Minimum Certification Qualification
A current ServSafe certificate is required.
Preferred Certification Qualification
TAP card preferred.
Must possess a current and valid Alaska Driver’s License.
Must be willing to train in sustainable food preparation, including growing and harvesting as part of an ongoing effort to be a more sustainable food service operation. This may include working in a greenhouse or as part of a university-wide farmer’s market.
Preferred Experience Qualification
Catering experience preferred.Apply Online