The Digital Content Producer at Alaska Pacific University will manage and enhance the institution’s social media footprint, inbound marketing strategy, and overall branding through visual design. This position will develop, implement and maintain APU’s content calendar which will coincide with the institution’s strategic initiatives.
The Digital Content Producer will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to help execute strategic activities related to the University’s marketing, advertising, public relations, social media, digital advertising, and community engagement initiatives. This position will liaise between the APU Web Developer Team and our external consulting firm on website updates and service agreements.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, social content, design and branding, infographics, etc.).
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to support our website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more).
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
- Manage other design needs such as presentations, signage, and marketing collateral as needed.
- Build and manage the University’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our University.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Work alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target personas.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
Knowledge and Skills
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Proficiency in using social media software to monitor social media conversations. You will be our ear to the ground to route the appropriate social conversations.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Proficiency in marketing automation and blogging software in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them (using dynamic workflows) into converted customers.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
- Experience designing for a social media, mobile and inbound marketing.
Minimum Education Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
- Experience working with Alaska Native, American Indian and Indigenous communities.
- Knowledge of HubSpot software.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite software.
Minimum Experience Qualification
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
Must be available Monday thru Friday including occasional nights and/or weekends.Apply Online