The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for creating communications strategies which advance APU’s strategic goals and promote wider public recognition and support of the University, its activities, and the achievements of students, faculty, and alumni. The Directorwill assess, develop, and coordinate targeted communications and public relations programs and monitor external media related to the University.The Director has oversight of strategic, culturally diverse marketing and communications, including; planning and execution of print and electronic publications, websites, digital media resources, and social media; management of Marketing & Communications staff and budget; institutional brand development; media relations; advertising; external communications; and guidance regarding internal communications.
- Lead the development of the Institution’s brand and identity guide as it pertains to and support the Strategic Plan, mission, and vision of the Institution.
- Support Student Enrollment Services, the Office of Advancement and Sponsored Programs, and the President’s Office with the development of engaging, co-coordinated, and effective constituent communications.
- Manage and maintain oversight of the University brand, ensuring brand integrity across the Institution.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing strategy.
- Oversee and/or coordinate production of publications, promotional pieces, marketing/communication pieces, digital media, website, and social media messaging in the context of the communication strategy.
- Supervise relationships with vendors involved in marketing and communications, including preparing and overseeing those budgets.
- Create integrated and effective written and multimedia content for Institutional websites, electronic communications, and social media platforms in accordance with best practice guidelines in higher education.
- Oversee development and maintenance of institutional website; create and/or approve content, facilitate website updates, and work with contracted web designers to ensure compliance with current accessibility and other industry standards.
- Manage the creation of Institutional photography, videography, and audio recordings and related databases/libraries.
- Serve as the primary media relations contact. Create press releases, coordinate dissemination of media resources, and assist members of the media with content development. Consult with faculty and other members of the university community regarding media relations.
- Direct and manage college advertising through external partnerships with news, radio, and corporate channels/platforms.
- Participate in development and implementation of special events that have communication needs and public relations/marketing/philanthropy impact.
- Develop strategies for use in crisis communication and issues management. Provide PR counsel to senior administration and contribute to management of critical incidents.
- Coordinate market research and other research related to the institution’s public profile and constituent interests.
- Develop and monitor Marketing and Communications budget.
- Supervise professional staff and student interns.
- Provide leadership and coordination for the institution-wide Marketing Committee.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of crisis/issues/policy management and analysis
- Knowledge of contract and professional services management
- Knowledge of thinking and planning strategically
- Knowledge of media landscape in Alaska
- Skill in demonstrating effectiveness in marketing and communications/public relations/media relations with diverse audiences
- Skill in project planning, implementation and consistent follow through
- Skill in exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills including meeting facilitation
- Skill in collaborating with diverse and creative colleagues and contract professionals
- Skill in analyzing complex/delicate situations accurately, acting responsibly/constructively in crisis situations, and responding effectively in writing and verbally to sensitive and/or complex issues
Minimum Education Qualification
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
Minimum Experience Qualification
5-10 years’ experience in communications, marketing, or public relations. Experience in higher education or non-profit management preferred.
Supervisory: Two (2) years’ experience involving supervising employees in marketing.
Current and valid driver’s license required with ability to pass a driving record check and driving test.Apply Online