Provides coordination work and administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer and the Office of Advancement & Sponsored Programs with emphasis on providing strong stewardship and accounting of campus gifts and grants, database management and reporting, event coordination, and general office support.
Records Management and Reporting
- Serve as primary for entering, maintaining, and reporting electronic database entries relevant to departmental operations.
- Maintain address, contact information and correspondence with donors and alumni in electronic data bases.
- Process donations received and prepare tax letters.
- Assist the team with mailings, publications and posters.
- Scholarship Management/Reporting:
- Manage the APU scholarships portfolio of corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Serve as the primary contact for scholarship donations.
- Work closely with Student Enrollment Services to ensure that scholarship donor intents are honored; that scholarships are publicized properly to students; that donors are recognized appropriately in APU media outlets.
- Steward all scholarship gifts to include maintaining all correspondence about donor intent in the tracking system.
- Maintain contact with donor to honor their intent, maintain calendar of due dates, and provide narrative and fiscal reports to donors in a timely manner. Provides opportunities for donors and scholarship recipients to connect personally and share their stories in APU social media outlets.
- Coordinate activities with internal and external customers, including donors and alumni.
- Coordinate the use of facilities, services, and equipment with campus conferencing department.
- Negotiate with vendors or event planners to secure best contract terms possible.
- Supervise special events to ensure positive outcome.
- Troubleshoot and resolve special situations that arise during events.
Office Support/Budget Maintenance
- Assist in preparing and organizing grant applications, proposals, and status reports
- Participate in preparation of department budget projections, plans, and tracking
- Process purchases via university credit card
- Provide overall general office support
Knowledge and Skills
- Skill in face to face and interpersonal communication
- Skill in negotiating and persuasive skills
- Skill in prioritizing workload accordingly
- Skill in writing accurately and persuasively to develop a variety of funding proposals and other donor communications
- Skill in numeracy, attention to detail, and ability to use spreadsheets and to present clear financial information
- Skill in working flexibly; to manage competing priorities and to meet strict deadlines
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality; being tactful and discrete in all interactions
- Skill in working independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Skill in filing and record keeping
Minmum Education Qualification
Three years college coursework and three years progressively responsible experience related to the program specialty, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years of financial, or related development experience in an academic setting.
Ability to obtain an Alaska driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.Apply Online