Spring Creek Farm, located on Alaska Pacific University’s Kellogg Campus, is an educational farm located in Palmer, AK. We grow vegetables on a 6-acre plot to support a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), farmers market, dining services and various educational programs involving APU students and the wider community. Interns will work 40 hours per week and will participate in all aspects of organic-practice vegetable production, from seed to market. This includes weeding, watering, seeding, transplanting, harvesting, post-harvest handling, and customer service related to CSA distribution and our weekly Farmer’s Market. Internships are available from May 1st through October 15, 2019.
We are hiring full and partial-season interns, with preference given to those who can work the entire period.
The goal of this internship is to offer an educational opportunity to those interested in gaining a season’s worth of experience on a small, organically run farm. Opportunities to engage in on-site farm tours, community workshops, and student- and grant-funded research projects housed on the farm are additionally available. Please note this position may require working hours during evenings and weekend due to the nature of agricultural work.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week. Farm work primarily takes place outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and participate in a physically demanding job that requires bending, standing and lifting for long periods of the day.
- Must have strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good communication skills.
- Must by 18 years or older.
- $800/month stipend
- On-site, community-based housing provided
- Produce equal to an individual CSA share.