Provides quality janitorial service to the Alaska Pacific University campus safely.
- General cleaning of the buildings and keeping them maintained and in good condition.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing or vacuuming.
- Cleaning windows and mirrors.
- Clean and supply restrooms.
- Remove waste and empty trash.
- Monitor, stock and organize supplies.
- Conferencing preparations and assistance.
- Emergency cleaning as needed.
- Notify supervisors about unsafe conditions or concerning the need for repairs and maintenance.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication including the English language.
- Skill in following and understanding directions.
- Ability to follow schedules and keep commitments.
- Ability to maintain adhere to confidentiality standards.
- Skill in completing assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism.
- Skill in effectively communicating with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to do physical work and operating power equipment normally found in janitorial operations.
Minimum Education Qualification
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: One (1) years of janitorial experience.
Valid Alaska Driver’s License.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Primary work location is includes areas throughout the university campus. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, or kneel. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work situations may be subject to exposure to change in weather.Apply Online