Provide supervision to ensure the safety of patrons in Moseley Sports Center swimming pool area. Perform recreational duties for youth activities, swim instruction, public etiquette, facility/ground maintenance, maintaining water quality standards, rescues, assists, first aid, CPR, and functions of the Emergency Action Plan.
Employees must be available to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and sometimes weekends. Must be presentable, responsible, reliable, and timely.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours vary; flexible; Monday through Sunday; Between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
The following duties are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Enforce ALL pool rules and regulations in a consistent and polite manner.
- Supervision of the entire pool area while on duty.
- Proper response and reporting of all emergency situations.
- Maintaining pool equipment neat, clean, and properly stored.
- Provide assistance in placing/removing lane lines and stairs.
- Participate in all in-service lifeguard training sessions.
- All required certifications and licenses must remain current for the duration of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Experience Qualification:
Must possess a current American Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard Training Certification at the time of hire.
Must possess a current American Red Cross (or equivalent) First Aid Certification at the time of hire.
Must possess a current American Red Cross (or equivalent) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers Certification at the time of hire.