Provides installation, administration, and maintenance of enterprise Local/Municipal/Wide/Wireless Area Network (LAN, MAN, WAN, WLAN) infrastructure.
- Designs and implements appropriate network wiring topology to provide scalable and redundant network infrastructure. Installs and configures switch, router, and Firewall components within the APU data centers and campus distribution points. Manages network interfaces, protocols, and monitors network traffic to ensure optimal network traffic flow. Develops solutions to ensure proper integration with other campus networked systems necessary to meet business goals and requirements
- Provides administration and maintenance of network management systems servers, applications, and infrastructure to ensure system stability, security and maximum uptime. Monitors network utilization and trend data, recommends and implements system design modifications for effective capacity management and scalability. Monitors access to system resources, tracks and provides reporting on connectivity, security concerns, unauthorized usage, and system security breaches. Performs routine maintenance, patches, and upgrades to windows based servers and Cisco based routers and switches.
- Leads the development of Active Directory and Exchange design. Performs database maintenance and other preventive maintenance on Exchange server. Develops standards for information systems hardware, software, maintenance, and support.
- Analyzes problems and implements solutions according to department procedures. Responds to network, heating and cooling, power, and other alerts and performs troubleshooting to diagnose system issues. Analyzes system functionality; identifies, locates, and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption to critical applications. Develops, reviews, and updates system log reports and network-related documentation to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Provides resolution information and collaborates with other teams to complete problem and impact analysis where appropriate. Provides detailed solution documentation. Develops procedures for emergency preparedness, disaster planning, and system recovery and security protocols. Plans, coordinates, and implements system upgrades and equipment replacement projects. Serves on technology teams and committees.
Knowledge and Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skill in communicating effectively with a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of networked computer system environments and device capabilities.
- Knowledge of networks, security guidelines and industry “best practices.”
- Knowledge of a wide variety of operating and server systems, including open source server operating systems.
- Knowledge of videoconferencing rooms, desktop systems, codecs, bridges, gateways, gatekeepers, video boarder proxies, and application layer gateways.
- Knowledge of audio, video and desktop conferencing systems and environments.
- Skill in working independently.
- Skill in working in fast-paced, stressful environments.
- Skill in analyzing data and implementing solutions.
- Skill in designing and evaluating of telecommunications and network systems.
- Skill in designing and managing complex projects involving people and technology.
- Skill in solving complex technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other APU employees, telephone companies, vendors, and other organizations.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Minimum Education Qualification
Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Bachelor’s or higher strongly preferred. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Five (5) years computer experience working in an Information Technology environment.
Requires off-shift work in emergency situations or after hour change management scheduled maintenance.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Working in office areas throughout the university. Must be able to sit for at least 4 hours at a time. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly. Must possess normal color vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, or kneel. Work situations may be subject to exposure to change in weatherApply Online