Under limited supervision, provides advanced clerical support for assigned department or division through office organization, records maintenance, reception, scheduling, and general support.
- Perform advanced administration and support work requiring detailed field-specific knowledge relevant to department assigned. Requests information from and provides information to other departments and outside sources.
- Greets and assists customers; answers phones and directs calls.
- May schedule, assign, and track the work of other support staff as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements for department staff in accordance with company policy and prudent business practice.
- Sets appointments, arranges conference rooms and other details as required.
- Completes, submits and tracks company forms such as travel/expense reports, check requests, company credit cards, purchase requests, and personnel action documents.
- Develops and maintains department record-keeping systems, performs general filing and file retrieval.
- Sorts and delivers mail; sends, receives and distributes faxes. Makes copies and scans and files electronic documents.
- Independently maintains department budget, investigating and documenting variances. Keeps records up to date and reports as required to Finance and own department leaders.
Position – Specific Duties
- Open & Close the Student Enrollment Services (SES) Office
- Maintain the clean, orderly, and welcoming appearance of the SES lobby
- Assist three SES offices (Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) in the collection and distribution of relevant documents
- Assist Student Financial Services as cashier for handling payments/transactions
- Assist Office of Admissions with event outreach, planning, preparation, and execution
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of customer services concepts and practices
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone systems operation.
- Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic purchasing processes.
- Knowledge of filing procedures.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in maintaining and updating office and administrator schedules.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Minimum Education Qualification
One year of post-secondary (vocational-technical or college) education in office administration. Equivalent related training, education, or experience may be substituted for education.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-supervisory – One (1) year of skilled office support experience. Equivalent education, training, or similar experience may be substituted for relevant experience. May require experience specific to the department assigned.Apply Online