Under limited supervision, provides advanced clerical support for assigned department or division through office organization, records maintenance, reception, scheduling, and general support.
Perform advanced administration and support work requiring detailed field-specific knowledge relevant department assigned. Requests information from and provide information to other departments and outside sources.
- Greets and assists customers; answers phones and directs calls.
- May schedule, assign, and track the work of other support staff as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements for department staff in accordance with company policy and prudent business practice.
- Sets appointments, arranging conference rooms and other details as required.
- Completes, submits and tracks company forms such as travel/expense reports, check requests, company credit cards, purchase requests, and personnel action documents.
- Develops and maintains department record-keeping systems, performing general filing and file retrieval.
- Sorts and delivers mail; sends, receives and distributes faxes. Makes copies and scans and files electronic documents.
- Independently maintains department budget, investigating and documenting variances. Keeps records up to date and reports as required to Finance and own department leaders.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of customer services concepts and practices
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone systems operation.
- Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic purchasing processes.
- Knowledge of filing procedures.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in maintaining and updating office and administrator schedules.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Minmum Education Qualification
One year of post-secondary (vocational-technical or college) education in office administration. Equivalent related training, education, or experience may be substituted for education.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-supervisory – Five (5) years of skilled office support experience. Equivalent education, training, or similar experience may be substituted for relevant experience. May require experience specific to the department assigned.
Must possess a current and valid AlaskaApply Online