JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership and support to the daily operations of the IT Department through the service desk.
- Oversee the daily operations of the help desk support staff and student workers to ensure timely completion of trouble tickets
- Ensuresthattheproblem ticket owner is following established processes and helps manage the required resources from across the IT organization.
- Resolves Level-II technical issues for users
- Develops and manages IT inventory across the campus
- Manages service desk projects
- Provides preventative maintenance and problem management process and its relevant critical success factors.
- Leads the building, deployment, maintenance, and support of end-user technology (workstations, projectors, printers)
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures to provide device lifecycle management across the campus for all workstations, projectors, and printers
- Define, track, and report on KPIs related to service desk operations, ensuring consistent achievement of defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identify areas for improvement and lead initiatives to enhance service desk performance
- Monitor and report on SLAs, driving continuous improvement based on ITIL guidance
- Develop and provide solutions, How-to Guides, and Frequently Asked Questions for end-user self-service.
- Develop and maintain a service catalog that defines IT service offerings
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) for end users and end-user support.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Knowledge of computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in managing multiple projects and deadlines effectively, prioritizing customer needs, and determining the urgency and impact of requests.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in diagnosing and resolving computer hardware and software issues.
- Skill in presenting complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Skill in focusing on delivering services that are stable, reliable, accessible, and sustainable in a manner that is ethical and responsible.
- Skill in managing projects through the stages of requirements gathering, progress reporting, management of change, risk management, and reporting to stakeholders.
- Skill in developing and supporting complex information systems.
- Skill in communicating effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Skill in both working independently and in a team environment.
- Skill in setting up sound and video equipment for meetings, events, and classes.
- Skill in problem-solving.
- Skill in communicating effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Skill in identifying usability problems and using innovation to find custom workarounds.
- Must possess In-depth knowledge of IT end-to-end problem management, encompassing availability, event management, and root-cause analysis including:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Ability to analyze and solve technically challenging problems involving operating systems, software, and hardware
- Customer service experience with the ability to understand complex human and technical issues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years of computer experience working in an Information Technology environment.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Working in office areas throughout the university. Must be able to sit for at least 4 hours at a time. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly. Must possess normal color vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, or kneel. Work situations may be subject to exposure to changes in weather.Apply Online