Provides the first level of contact with customers to analyze problems, research solutions, and provide quantitative, easily understood answers.
- Answers phone calls, troubleshoots interpret problems, provides technical support, keeps track of issues and resolutions, uses automated diagnostic programs, and resolves recurrent problems.
- Monitors the service desk by answering phone, assisting walk-in requests, and managing support request system.
- Setups, maintains, and supports Windows workstations and printers.
- Coordinates new employee technology support, orientation, and setup of computers and peripherals.
- Coordinates supply inventory and chargebacks.
- Coordinates technology equipment sign out.
- Consults with system users to determine functional requirements, analyze and identify solutions to meet University requirements.
- Manages academic ERP setup and user administration.
- Follows through on issue resolution even after it has been elevated to other team members.
- Shares best practices with the team to enhance the quality and efficiency of technology systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of computer systems, software and hardware.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in managing multiple projects and deadlines effectively, prioritizing customer needs and determining urgency and impact of request.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in diagnosing and resolving computer hardware and software issues.
- Skill in presenting complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
Minimum Education Qualification
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Experience Qualification
- Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years computer experience working in an Information Technology environment