Under limited direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Compliance and Risk Officer, facilitates leadership interactions, supports the positions in performing a variety of analytical, assessment and administrative tasks, including office organization, records maintenance, reception, scheduling, and general assistance.
Assists in handling matters of policy and organizational importance. Manages special projects as assigned. Prepares and compiles documents for leadership. Provides technical support as requested.
Provides support for Risk Management Steering Committee, APU and APU Foundation boards and their related committees, and occasionally the Director of Human Resources. Gathers and drafts reports and other presentations. Requests information from other departments and outside sources and interfaces with various departments and maintains contacts with individual at all levels within APU. Participates with executive leadership in planning, policy development, and problem resolution. Acts as liaison between APU and EIIA Insurance broker, including requests for certificates of insurance. Maintains the files for academic risk management plans and campus wide incident reports
Reserves meeting spaces, records and transcribes minutes as needed. Prepares travel arrangements. Performs administrative duties and helps prepare department publications, promotional materials, and various reports. Composes, edits, compiles, and formats documents.
Acts as a liaison between staff and the CFO/Compliance and Risk Officer.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of advanced office technology and procedures.
- Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic purchasing and travel preparation processes.
- Knowledge of higher education.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and budget analysis.
- Knowledge of process for policy development, and problem identification with associated resolution.
- Knowledge in continuous quality improvement concepts, theories, and practice.
- Knowledge in analyzing and evaluating complex topics and issues and makes recommendation for improvement or solution.
- Skill in proof-reading with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication and negotiating across all levels of management
- Skill in analyzing customer service issues and preparing recommendation based on findings.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Skill in working independently, making decisions and maintaining confidentiality.
- Skill in multi-tasking and working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
Minimum Education Qualification
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-supervisory – Three (3) years of administrative office experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or training may be substituted for experience. Professional executive support experience preferred.
Preferred Education Qualification
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Required to possess an Alaska driver’s license with a clean driving record. May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.