Provides professional and administrative support to both the Student Enrollment Services Division and to Accounting and serves as the primary student accounts representative.
- Maintain Student Receivables accounts: establish accounts, record the appropriate entries, reconcile balances, verify and issue students’ billings.
- Maintain related student files and documentation.
- Analyze past due accounts, determine collectability, process collection communication to students.
- Provide excellent customer service support via telephone, fax, email, and to individuals coming into the Student Enrollment Services office.
- Serves as the primary overseer and is recipient of all student-related account payment transactions.
- Maintain billing-related student accounts including preparation of entries required to adjust/correct account balances; verify monthly student billings for outstanding account balances.
- Ensures the restrictions screen for each student is updated as significant transactions occur.
- Reconcile student-related payments and daily bank deposits; prepares all corresponding reports submitted to Accounting Office for review and integration.
- Verify, analyze data and submit regular reports to the Controller, including periodic Aging Report, and list of accounts currently on hold for non-payment.
- Serve as liaison to collection agencies and third-party student account finance vendor, TMS.
- Prepare and maintain statements for all special billings/invoicing.
- Prepare reports and check requests for weekly refund check processing.
- Work with individuals who have delinquent accounts to resolve outstanding balances as possible prior to sending the accounts to collections.
- Research and recommends uncollectible accounts for collections to the Controller.
- Communicate with staff members in other departments concerning students’ financial status.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of academic office procedures in higher education setting.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they related to application of student’s financial aid (i.e. VA, FERPA, etc.).
- Knowledge of CAMS Enterprise software.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to operate various standard office machines.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in effectively dealing with people at different organizational levels both inside and outside the University.
- Skill in exemplifying courtesy, friendliness, and patience.
- Skill in PC operation including Outlook, Excel, MS Word, databases, and Internet..
- Skill in working as a team member to accomplish departmental goals.
- Skill in prioritizing multiple tasks and working independently.
- Skill in working well under pressure.
- Skill in complex problem solving and developing conceptual alternatives.
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality of student and accounting information.
Minimum Education Qualification
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Experience Qualification
Non-Supervisory: Two (2) years’ general office and/or customer service including accounts receivable/collection or other similar accounting experience and cash handling experience required.
Preferred Education Qualification
Associates Degree in accounting or related preferred.Apply Online