- Maintains Student Receivables accounts: establish accounts, record the appropriate entries, reconcile balances, verify and issue students’ billings.
- Provides customer service support via telephone, fax, email, and individuals coming into the Student Enrollment Services office.
- Serves as the primary overseer and is recipient of all student-related account payment transactions.
- Maintains billing-related student accounts including preparation of entries required to adjust/correct account balances; verify monthly student billings for outstanding account balances.
- Ensures the restrictions screen for each student is updated as significant transactions occur.
- Reconciles student-related payments and daily bank deposits; prepares all corresponding reports submitted to Accounting and Finance Office for review and integration.
- Verifies and submits regular reports to Controller, including periodic Aging Report, and list of accounts currently on hold for non-payment.
- Serves as liaison to collection agencies and third-party student account finance vendor, TMS.
- Prepares and maintains statements for all special billings/invoicing.
- Prepares reports and check requests for weekly refund check processing.
- Researches and recommends uncollectible accounts for collections to the Controller.
- Communicates with staff members in other departments concerning students’ financial status.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Knowledge of academic office procedures in higher education setting.
- Knowledge of CAMS Enterprise software.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to operate various standard office machines.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in effectively dealing with people at different organizational levels both inside and outside the University.
- Skill in exemplifying courtesy, friendliness, and patience.
- Skill in utilizing in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, Internet and e-mail
- Skill in working as a team member to accomplish departmental goals.
- Skill in prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Skill in working well under pressure.
- Skill in problem solving and developing conceptual alternatives.
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality of student records.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-Supervisory:One (1) year general office and/or customer service AND one (1) year cash handling experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Associates Degree preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Accounts receivables experience preferred.Apply Online