JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, provides advanced clerical support for assigned division through office organization, records maintenance, reception, scheduling, and general support.
• Perform advanced administration and support work requiring detailed field-specific knowledge relevant to Office(s) assigned. Requests information from and provides information to students, campus visitors, and outside sources.
Open & Close the Student Enrollment Services (SES) Office
• Maintain the clean, orderly, and welcoming appearance of the SES lobby• Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries by directing them to the appropriate office or personnel in a swift and efficient manner.
• Receive, process, and respond to requests for campus tours and info sessions
• Assist the Office of Admissions with event outreach, planning, preparation, and execution.
• Assist in the processing of paperwork for the offices in SES.
• Assist offices in entering and maintaining various databases and information systems
• Verify student’s identity when picking up checks and other documents from the front desk.
• Assist three SES offices (Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) in the collection and distribution of relevant documents
• Assist Student Financial Services as a cashier for handling payments/transactions
• Assist Office of Admissions with event outreach, planning, preparation, and execution
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Knowledge of customer services concepts and practices
• Knowledge of multi-line telephone systems operation.
• Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of college admissions roles, procedures, and processes at four-year colleges/universities
• Knowledge of Word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, and email
• Knowledge of student information databases, preferably CAMS
• Knowledge of sales, advertising, marketing, and customer services practices • Skill in operating office equipment.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in maintaining and updating office and administrator schedules.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
• Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
One year of post-secondary (vocational-technical or college) education in office administration. Equivalent related training, education, or experience may be substituted for education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-supervisory – Three (3) years of skilled office support experience. Equivalent education, training, or similar experience may be substituted for relevant experience. May require experience specific to the department assigned.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to succeed.Apply Online