The Microsoft 365 Administrator role will oversee and support a variety of complex architecture and Microsoft 365 migration projects. Our Microsoft 365 infrastructure is utilized across the university; in this role the Administrator will maintain hybrid connections to Microsoft 365 and oversee onsite Microsoft365 assets. Successful candidates for this role will have strong experience in Microsoft 365, ADFS, Azure, Exchange on-premises, hybrid Exchange configurations, Security and Compliance. Additional focus of this position will involve innovation and integration of new Office 365 tools and features relevant to the university’s business and academic functions. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Monitor Microsoft 365 services and hybrid infrastructure.
- Oversee end-user devices on a corporate network.
- Document changes to the systems using change management best practices.
- Ensure, practice and reinforce consistency in naming conventions and standards.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user access to cloud services.
- Maintain a solid understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with user change management.
- Champion the adoption of Microsoft 365 services as appropriate for our business.
- Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Microsoft 365 services and support.
- Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and it’s interaction with Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Teams/SharePoint Online/ Power BI/ Exchange online/ Stream/ Azure.
- Knowledge and experience in managing directory sync into Azure AD. Experience with Azure AD user management and SSO.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure AD user management both for Microsoft365 and third-party services
- Knowledge in managing Microsoft 365 using PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Security Center and Compliance Center including exporting usage and licensing information through Microsoft 365 reporting.
- Knowledge and experience in managing user authentication through onsite ADFS.
- Understanding of firewall requirements needed for all Microsoft 365 functions.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of IT end-to-end problem management, encompassing availability, event management, and root-cause analysis.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support system availability that may include occasional nights, weekends, and holidays
- Skill in delivering high-quality customer service delivery, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Ability to create advanced PowerShell scripts to schedule repeatable Microsoft 365 actions.
- Advanced knowledge of migrating data and services between Microsoft 365 and traditional file server environments. Skill in presenting complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Skill in multitasking and using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Skill in managing data and application security.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in identifying usability problems and using innovation to find custom solutions.
- Skill in project and employee management.
- Skill in working with cross-functional teams or projects.
- Skill in effective communication both oral and written, with a variety of audiences.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-Supervisory: Four (4) years’ experience working in the information technology environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology from accredited institution.Apply Online