Fall 2022 COVID update
Fall 2022 COVID update
AUGUST 19, 2022
Alaska Pacific University continues to monitor COVID-related public health guidance and local trends so that we can continue to promote the health and safety of our campus and community. The following guidance applies to all members and guests to the APU campus.
Masking: Masking is now optional on campus. If you are concerned about exposure, you are encouraged to wear a well-fitting mask.
Vaccination and Testing: APU encourages, but does not require, COVID vaccination or boosters to participate in most university activities. Vaccination or testing may be required for some activities (expedition courses, student teaching, university-sponsored research or training trips, etc.). Contact the instructor for more information.
Travel: Travel for university activities is no longer restricted. However, travelers are required to respect the regulations and protocols of host communities.
Feeling Sick: If you are feeling sick, whether or not you have COVID, you should stay home. Students should contact their instuctors to make other arrangements for attendance and/or completing coursework, and employees should contact their supervisors.
Isolation: If you test positive, you should isolate for at least 5 days. If you are asymptomatic or fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication and your symptoms are improving, you can end isolation after 5 days, but you should continue to wear a mask through day 10. APU will maintain housing for residential students who need to isolate.
Reporting: Members of the APU community must report positive COVID test results to CovidReports@alaskapacific.edu (See Infectious Disease Policy for more information). If you test positive, you are encouraged to contact others with whom you have been in close contact.
FILED UNDER: CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
- Alaska 2-1-1
- Anchorage Health Department
- Alaska Dept of Health & Social Services
- Governor of Alaska Health Mandates
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- U.S. Dept of State Travel Advisories
- 03.31.22 ARP HEERF III Report
- 12.31.21 ARP HEERF III Report
- 09.30.21 ARP HEERF III Report
- 06.30.21 CRRSAA HEERF II Report
- 03.31.21 CRRSAA HEERF II Report
- 12.31.20 CARES Act HEERF Report
- 09.30.20 CARES Act HEERF Report
- 08.25.20 CARES Act HEERF Report
- 07.11.20 CARES Act HEERF Report
- 05.27.20 CARES Act HEERF Report