An education is an adventure. Let us take you there.
The 175 acre Alaska Pacific University is tucked into the forest, among Anchorage’s trail system. It’s on the perimeter of an intellectually vibrant section of town, in a state ripe with cultural and geographic diversity. With a remote educational center on a 900-acre private farm, APU is the landing pad for a rigorous, educational adventure.
A leading active learning community igniting personal passion, self-discovery, and deep learning.
A small private liberal arts and sciences university providing personalized, experiential, hands-on instruction “in the field” with Alaska as its primary classroom.
- Applied research projects: faculty working collaboratively with students in relevant real world settings.
- Leadership, moral character, creativity, responsibility, and self-direction.
- Abilities: think critically, reason analytically, solve problems creatively, work in teams effectively.
- Student engagement, student-centered.
- Knowledge to spark personal, moral, and spiritual growth.
- Acknowledging and honoring the commitment to serve Alaska Native peoples.