APU is in the midst of a six-year, $36 million campaign.
Though we’re two years into the campaign, we’ve raised 50% of our goal.
Capital Improvements throughout campus include:
- Marine and earth science laboratories
- Moseley Sports center
- Information Technology enhancements, upgrades
- Earl Brown Theater lighting and safety upgrades
- APU Nordic Ski program enhancements
- APU’s Kellogg Spring Creek Farm buildings, equipment, and curriculum enhancements
- New curricular initiatives
- Installation of campus-wide energy-efficiency infrastructure measures to reduce energy consumption and annual energy bills by one-third.
A journey towards carbon neutrality
The message is simple: Green the campus, green the curriculum. Sustainability is the most sought-after field of study for incoming freshmen. They understand that “green” job skills will be needed in the future and that sustainability studies is an area where they can truly make a difference in society.
- End game: carbon neutrality and zero waste
- APU joined 667 other college campuses to sign on to the President’s Climate Commitment
- Create more energy efficient buildings
- Investigate cleaner sources of energy for space heating
- Create infrastructure to encourage alternative transportation
Below are the APU campaign initiatives that are underway
Atwood Building $1.6 million
Complete boiler replacement for high energy efficiency coupled with digital controls; lighting system upgrades; from this…
Gould Hall $1.4 million
A new roof
New Marine and Earth
Microscopes, computers and big-screen digital monitors; new rock crusher and geomagnetic field equipment; GPS software; ice physics chamber
Fisheries and Aquatics Science Technologies
Construction of group and private study spaces; increased outlets; projection equipment; IT assistance
Moseley Sports Center $1.4 Million
Carr Gottstein Academic Center $200,000
Grant Hall $90,000
High efficiency heating, air handling equipment, heat recovery, digital controls, pool upgrades
New roof, HVAC unit, digital controls, lighting retrofits