The Dasan Marshall Outdoor Studies Adventure Fund was established by Glen Marshall and Janet Brothers in February 2015 to honor the legacy of their son, APU Outdoor Studies senior Dasan Shantidas Marshall (6/30/90-1/18/15).
The Dasan Marshall Outdoor Studies Adventure Fund will be awarded at least once a year to a deserving APU Outdoor Studies student enrolled in a degree program. The fund is to be used for expenses associated with a wilderness expedition. The expedition does not have to be associated with an APU credit-bearing course, but must receive a collaborative endorsement by Outdoor Studies Department faculty members.
Students interested in applying for the Dasan Marshall Outdoor Studies Adventure Fund should check with outdoor studies faculty for further details.
The Dasan Marshall Outdoor Studies Adventure Fund will provide a cash award to support an adventure expedition by an Alaska Pacific University Outdoor Studies student who meets the following criteria:
- Fully admitted student in the Alaska Pacific University Outdoor Studies degree program
- Is planning an adventure or expedition
- Submits a complete application with requested supporting documents
- Agrees to document and share the adventure with the donors and the Outdoor Studies Department
- Is in good academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0)
- Minimum enrollment requirement of six (6) credits per semester