Nicholas “Nick” Giles graduated from Alaska Pacific University in 2016 with a Bachelor of Arts in Outdoor Studies and a minor in Earth Science. Following his graduation, Nick along with his wife, Laura, established the Nick and Laura Giles Expedition Scholarship to provide financial support to students in the marine and environmental science or outdoor studies programs for lab and travel fees or tuition for courses with an outdoor or field component.
Applications are due by February 15. Please check with faculty in the OS Department for an application and further details.
The Nick and Laura Giles Expedition Scholarship will provide financial support towards a student’s tuition and fees to support an Outdoor Studies student and/or a Marine and Environmental Sciences student planning an expedition course or a course with an outdoor/field component. The student must meet the following criteria:
- Fully admitted undergraduate student in the Alaska Pacific University Outdoor Studies or Marine and Environmental Science degree programs
- Is planning an expedition course or other course with an outdoor/field component for the Summer or following Fall or Spring semester
- Submits a complete application with supporting documents by published due dates
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on the last semester
- Minimum enrollment requirement of six (6) credits per semester