For admission purposes, an applicant will be considered and processed as an international student if they intend to enter the US, or transfer from another institution therein, on an F-1 visa for the sole purpose of academic study at Alaska Pacific University.
Admission Application Deadlines
To meet the deadlines below, an online or paper application must be received by the Office of Admissions no later than the close of business on the date specified. Additional materials, such as transcripts and test scores, may be submitted anytime thereafter, though an application may not be considered complete until all required materials have been received. APU cannot offer provisional or early admission to international students.
Priority Deadline: May 1 ($25 non-refundable fee assessed beginning May 2)
Late Deadline: June 1
Priority Deadline: October 1 ($25 non-refundable fee assessed beginning October 2)
Late Deadline: November 1
No applications are accepted for summer admission for international students.
Admission Requirements & Standards
- Undergraduate or Graduate application for admission as appropriate for degree preference and eligibility
- Supplemental Application for International Students
- This form requires submission of financial supporting documents and information pertaining to immigration status as required by the US Department of State and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Completion of this form requires signature confirmation through a public notary or other government official in the applicant’s home country prior to arriving in the US. This form will be sent to the email address provided on the original application.
- Original/Official transcripts from all institutions attended within or without the US
- Documents must be received at APU in sealed envelopes directly from the issuing institution or the official government entity responsible for the administration of such records (i.e. Department of Education, Ministry of Education, etc.)
- Foreign Credentials Evaluation and Translation
- All transcripts obtained from institutions outside the US must be evaluated by a third-party agency and an official evaluation report must be sent to APU directly from said agency. Alaska Pacific University highly recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org). Applicants who enlist WES for this service may have the requirement for original/official transcripts waived.
- If the original/official transcripts are not available in English from the government or issuing institution, an official, notarized translation is required. This service may be obtained from third-party evaluation agencies such as WES for an additional fee. APU will not translate foreign-language documents.
- Test Scores
- All applicants must submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that meet the following minimum requirements: 550 on the paper-based exam; 213 on the computer-based exam; 79 on the Internet-based exam; OR International English Language Test System (IELTS) academic band score of 6.5
- APU’s reporting code is 4201.
- No exceptions can be made for applicants who do not meet the minimum score requirement.
- Citizens of countries wherein English is an official language may be exempt from this requirement at the discretion of the Director of Admissions.
- Additional documents as required by degree program (graduate/professional studies only). Contact an Admissions Counselor for details.