CARES Act HEERF Report
- Alaska Pacific University signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement on April 27, 2020. Alaska Pacific University intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Alaska Pacific University will receive or has received $254,627 from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Student.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission, August 25, 2020, is $100,323.47.
- The estimated total number of students at Alaska Pacific University who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 is 450 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of August 25, 2020 is 82.
- The method(s) used by Alaska Pacific University to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act includes: Application for funds. Eligible students are encouraged to apply for funds and provide documentation when possible. Rubrics for undocumented expenses were developed based on estimated costs of attendance. Applications are reviewed by the Director of Financial Aid and the Dean of Students for eligibility and reasonableness of expenses. Additional information may be requested from applicants as needed. Recommended awards are reviewed and approved by a steering committee prior to distribution.
- Instructions, directions, and guidance provided by Alaska Pacific University to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants is found at https://www.alaskapacific.edu/category/coronavirus/.