CARES Act HEERF Report
- Alaska Pacific University signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement on April 27, 2020. Alaska Pacific University intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Alaska Pacific University will receive or has received $254,627 from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Student.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission, May 27, 2020, is $59,011.73. (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- The estimated total number of students at Alaska Pacific University who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 is 450 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 27, 2020 is 54.
- The method(s) used by Alaska Pacific University to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act includes: Application for funds.
- Instructions, directions, and guidance provided by Alaska Pacific University to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants is found at https://www.alaskapacific.edu/category/coronavirus/.