Welcome to Expedition Alaska, APU’s first-year experience learning community
*If you’re having trouble viewing this video in Internet Explorer, please load this page in a different browser.
Designed for first-time and returning college students, Expedition Alaska combines academic study and only-in-Alaska field experiences, led by APU faculty.
Expedition Alaska introduces new and returning students to APU’s experiential, field based learning environment:
- Experience a 4-week APU Block course – either Natural History of Alaska or Introduction to Wilderness Skills
- Start the school year with first-hand insight into APU’s experiential learning opportunities in the field
- Learn about the history and cultures of Alaska through this immersive field experience along the Yukon River
- Discover the rewards of collaborating with new classmates and APU faculty who double as your ExpAK leader
Interested in joining Expedition Alaska? Get started today!
- If you are a new student: submit your application for admission to APU & required admission documents
- For returning students and newly admitted students schedule an advising appointment with your APU Academic Advisor
COVID-19 precautions (for Fall 2021): Expedition Alaska travels to Eagle, Alaska, then spends nine days camping, rafting, and canoeing on the Yukon River. To do so safely APU is requiring everyone on the trip, including students, to be fully vaccinated. We also may have to change plans, such as going to a different location with a shorter drive, if necessary.
To learn more about the ExpAK block courses, gear lists, and course content, click on the links below!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 907-564-8248!