Welcome to Expedition Alaska, APU’s first-year experience learning community
*If you’re having trouble viewing this video in Internet Explorer, please load this page in a different browser.
In conforming to social distancing guidelines and for the safety of our incoming students, faculty, and the welcoming communities we visit during this academic and only-in-Alaska field experience, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the upcoming Fall 2020 Expedition Alaska. Faculty is in the process of exploring both online and local options for offering these courses related to this trip. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this time.
To stay-up-to-date with APU and our programs, please sign up for our e-Newsletter.
Designed for first-time college students and sophomore transfer students new to Alaska Pacific University, Expedition Alaska combines academic study and only-in-Alaska field experiences, led by APU faculty.
Expedition Alaska welcomes you to life at APU in many ways:
- Experience your first 4-week APU Block course – either Natural History of Alaska or Introduction to Wilderness Skills
- Start the school year with first-hand insight into APU’s experiential learning opportunities in the field
- Learn about the history and cultures of Alaska through this immersive field experience along the Yukon River
- Discover the rewards of collaborating with new classmates and APU faculty who double as your ExpAK leader
Interested in joining Expedition Alaska? Get started today!
- Submit your application for admission to APU & required admission documents
- Schedule an advising appointment with your APU Academic Advisor
To learn more about the ExpAK block courses, gear lists, and course content, click on the links below!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 907-564-8248!