Alaska Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alaska Pacific University (APU) is a private, independent university that emphasizes personal growth through student-centered, experiential education using Alaska, the Arctic and the Pacific Rim as laboratories for learning. We are a dynamic and growing liberal arts and professional studies university offering undergraduate, graduate and degree completion programs in an experiential mode. Alaska Pacific is dedicated to developing future and current leaders who have lifelong and critical learning skills. The faculty is expected to be flexible and willing to teach within an interdisciplinary environment – one that allows for teamwork, experimentation, and growth.
The University does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, change in marital status, sexual preference, citizenship or authorized alien status, veteran or disabled veteran status or Vietnam veteran status or any other classifications protected by law.
Alaska Pacific University only accepts applications for open positions. All interested applicants must complete an Application for Employment to be considered for open positions.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resources at (907) 564-8265.
Dean of Curriculum & Instruction
Description and Duties
- Provide instruction for APU courses
- Work with Dean of Curriculum & Instruction as well as primary program faculty to develop appropriate syllabus, learning objectives, and course expectations
- Provide information for text book orders as needed
- Develop course site in Blackboard and Collaborate as needed
- Grade and evaluate students according to course expectations
- Business Math
- Beginning and Intermediate Algebra
- Introductory Weather & Climate – online
- Introductory Meteorology – online
- Master’s degree in appropriate field
- Prior teaching experience at university level preferred
Please fill out the online Application for Employment as well as the Background Check forms if you are interested in applying. The Equal Opportunity Self Report is optional. You will be required to upload your resume at the end of the application form. If possible, please include your cover letter in this file; it can also be emailed to email@example.com separately from your resume. It must be a file of type .txt, .doc, .docx, or .pdf, and must be smaller than 4 MB. Please submit all of the forms before closing your browser.
Feel free to contact Dr. Beth Sullivan at (907) 564-8355, if you have any questions on any of the openings.
Thank you for considering APU for employmentApply Online
Senior Web Developer
The 175 acre Alaska Pacific University is tucked into the forest, among Anchorage’s trail system. It’s on the perimeter of an intellectually vibrant section of town, in a state ripe with cultural and geographic diversity. With a remote educational center on a 900-acre private farm, APU is the landing pad for a rigorous, educational adventure. We are a dynamic and growing liberal arts and professional studies university offering undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degree completion programs in a collaborative culture. Our university is characterized by action, independence, purposeful learning, and a connection with the natural world. There’s a boldness to the way APU approach’s teaching and learning. There’s a purity to it–a character and conviction.
Alaska Pacific University offers a competitive benefits program provides employees with the opportunity to stay fit, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
Our benefits package includes:
- 16 Holidays + 18 days PTO your first year at APU
- Onsite fitness center, including a saltwater pool; rock climbing wall; work out gym; full court gym and miles of trails for skiing and or running.
- Tuition Waivers
- Extensive Gear Room Rentals (Kayaks, Skis, Fat Bikes, etc.)
- Health, Vision & Dental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403-B), Company Match of 6% after year 1
- Life & AD&D
- Long Term Disability insurance
As our Senior Web Designer you will create the look, layout, and feel of the Alaska Pacific University public website. You will work on developing new pages and enhancing our existing web properties. You will work closely with our collaborative IT members along with our marketing team, project managers, and other design team members to develop and publish new web, social media, and some print material.
Some responsibilities include:
- Work with community members using wire-framing tools.
- Build and refine graphic designs for web, social media, and some print publications. Must have strong skills in Photoshop or equivalent application(s).
- Work closely with external digital consulting and contracting firms to expand development and design capacity.
- Develop and maintain robust visual identity and style guides for the APU brand.
- Assist the Marketing Team in branding and awareness campaigns.
- Responsible for the content management of external web.
- Participate in a team based approach to gather content from staff, faculty, and students on degree offerings, educational experiences, services, events, and blog content.
- Manage University calendaring, write and edit blog content and university page content.
- Engage the APU community via blog, social media, and University website.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in the development and support of web sites.
- Perform other tasks and projects as necessary when required to support business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is a full-time, on-campus 40-hours per week positionApply Online