Alaska Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alaska Pacific University (APU) is a private, independent university that emphasizes personal growth through student-centered, experiential education using Alaska, the Arctic and the Pacific Rim as laboratories for learning. We are a dynamic and growing liberal arts and professional studies university offering undergraduate, graduate and degree completion programs in an experiential mode. Alaska Pacific is dedicated to developing future and current leaders who have lifelong and critical learning skills. The faculty is expected to be flexible and willing to teach within an interdisciplinary environment – one that allows for teamwork, experimentation, and growth.
The University does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, change in marital status, sexual preference, citizenship or authorized alien status, veteran or disabled veteran status or Vietnam veteran status or any other classifications protected by law.
Alaska Pacific University only accepts applications for open positions. All interested applicants must complete an Application for Employment to be considered for open positions.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resources at (907) 564-8265.
ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY
Alaska Pacific University (APU) invites applications for Assistant or Associate Professor of Psychology with demonstrated professional experience.
APU is a small, private liberal arts university, known for experiential and project-based learning. The university campus is in Anchorage, Alaska, a thriving all-American city and home to more than 300,000 residents. APU offers a unique set of bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees, with emphasis on Alaska-critical and globally-relevant issues. APU embraces a competency-based curriculum, which fosters high-level intellectual and practical skills, wide-ranging knowledge of science, cultures, and society, and an active commitment to personal and social responsibility. https://www.alaskapacific.edu/
THE PROGRAM AREA
APU offers three degrees in Psychology: a BA in Counseling Psychology; a Master of Science in Counseling Psychology; and a Doctor of Psychology in Counseling Psychology. Area faculty are dedicated to providing personalized, experiential, hands-on instruction to ignite personal passion, self-discovery, and deep learning. The doctoral classes are offered during weekend intensives with supplemental online meetings, or during evening hours, to better serve working professionals. The area operates with a collaborative approach and is appreciative of creativity in scholarly pursuits.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION
The contract carries a 9-month teaching load of 24 credit hours per year (typically, 3 courses per semester). Teaching assignments cross undergraduate and graduate levels, with at least 50% of the teaching load at the doctoral level. Course assignments are based upon expertise and needs of the degree programs. Responsibilities include mentorship for students particularly at the graduate level, support for dissertation work, and supervision of practicums and internships. All faculty are encouraged to develop scholarship or creative work in their chosen field, and faculty are expected to participate in outcomes assessment, curriculum development, student activities, as well as other service to the university and broader community.
RANK AND SALARY
Assistant or Associate Professor. Salary is dependent upon educational preparation and experience, and is proscribed by a university-wide salary range. APU is a non-tenure college; faculty are eligible for multi-year appointments after initial contracts.
DATE OF APPOINTMENT
Earned doctorate in Psychology at time of appointment. Licensed psychologist in Alaska. Candidates should be able to demonstrate expertise in a core competency area related to counseling psychology. Successful candidates include those with proficiency in research, teaching and mentoring, or those with extensive professional experience at the doctoral level as a licensed psychologist and supervisory experience related to psychometric and clinical practice. Candidates who can demonstrate expertise in both teaching and professional skills are preferred.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE
Please complete the Application for Employment – up through the “How did you hear about us?” section as well as the Background Check forms. The rest of the form may be skipped as education and experience will be included in your Curriculum Vitae (CV). The Equal Opportunity Self Report is optional. Please upload your CV (in a .txt, .doc, .docx, or .pdf) at the end of the application form. Additional documents, noted below, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your CV exceeds 4 MB, please include it with the other documents.
In addition to a CV, interested candidates should send (1) unofficial copies of all academic transcripts, (2) examples of teaching effectiveness and/or scholarship, (3) names of three references, and (4) a letter of interest describing how the applicant’s professional and pedagogical goals fit with APU’s dedication to experiential and project-based learning. Please submit materials to email@example.com . Please direct questions about the position to: Dr, Esther Beth Sullivan, Dean of Curriculum & Instruction, Alaska Pacific University, firstname.lastname@example.org , 4101 University Dr., Anchorage, AK 99508. Completed applications should be received by February 10, 2017, for full consideration.
Alaska Pacific University is an EEO/ADA EmployerApply Online
Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator at Alaska Pacific University will manage and enhance the social media presence of Alaska Pacific University. The APU Social Media Coordinator will develop and implement new social media campaigns that coordinate with various recruitment, retention, campus life, and alumni relations’ efforts throughout the APU community. This position also works closely with the APU Marketing Director, project managers, and other design team members to develop and publish new web, social media, and print materials.
The Social Media Coordinator will also liaise between the APU Web Developer team and APU’s external consulting firm on website updates and service requests. This position is responsible for collecting web content from across the university, publishing compelling, consistent, and accurate content for all customer touch points including web, social media, and some print.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and enhance social media content calendar to support marketing and recruitment efforts/objectives
- Work with community members using wireframing tools
- Build and refine graphic designs for social media, some web and print publications. Must have strong skills in Photoshop or equivalent application(s)
- Work closely with external digital consulting and contracting firms to expand development and design capacity
- Develop and maintain robust visual identity and style guides for the APU brand.
- Support the Marketing Director in branding and awareness campaigns
- Responsible for the content management of external web
- Participate in a team based approach to gather content from staff, faculty, and students on degree offerings, educational experiences, services, events, and blog content
- Manage University calendaring, write and edit blog content and university page content
- Engage the APU community via blog, social media, and University website
- Exercise discretion and judgment in the development and support of web sites
- Perform other tasks and projects as necessary when required to support business objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field*
- Bachelor’s Degree requirement may be waived if candidate demonstrates appropriate work experience in the field
- Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, etc.
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work individually and with a group
- Superior project and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing priorities as demonstrated by the University