The Kalley Ann Rittman Outdoor Studies Fund was established by Kit and Greg Rittman in January 2021 to honor the legacy of their daughter, APU Outdoor Studies graduate, Kalley Ann Rittman (10/18/96-3/17/20).
To apply for the Kalley Ann Rittman Outdoor Studies Fund, Check back soon for application details.
The Kalley Ann Rittman Outdoor Studies Fund will provide an award to support the purchase of equipment or course fees needed while pursuing an Outdoor Studies Degree by an Alaska Pacific University Outdoor Studies student who meets the following criteria:
- Fully admitted student in an Alaska Pacific University degree program as an Outdoor Studies major, minor, or MS in Outdoor and Environmental Education programs.
- Submits a complete application with requested supporting documents
- Agrees to document and share how the gear will be used and/or their course experience with the donors and the Outdoor Studies faculty
- Is in good academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0)
- Must be a full time student
Interested and qualified students should obtain the Kalley Ann Rittman Outdoor Studies Fund application from the Outdoor Studies Department. A complete submission will consist of the following:
- A Kalley Ann Rittman Outdoor Studies Fund application
- A short essay containing the following components:
- A description of the planned use of the equipment and/or the intended course the scholarship will be used for, and how it fits into the students professional goals.
- An outdoor resume