The Alaska Native Executive Leadership Program (ANELP) is graduate certificate designed to meet the specific needs of Alaska Native Corporations by providing future executives with the foundational knowledge to excel in today’s competitive business climate and the know-how to build a holistic approach to identifying areas for improvement and strategies for change.
Alaska Native corporations and organizations are home to some of the largest and most diverse businesses in Alaska. Recognizing that these organizations need strong Alaska Natives at the helm who have the business savvy and vision to continue to diversify and grow their companies, Afognak Native Corporation, Bristol Bay Native Corporation, Chugach Alaska Corporation, The Aleut Corporation, and CIRI partnered with Alaska Pacific University to develop a uniquely Alaskan executive education program.
Linked to the Executive MBA Program
In addition to the graduate certificate in Alaska Native Executive Leadership, students may elect to enroll in Alaska Pacific University’s Executive MBA program. Credits earned in ANELP can be applied toward an Executive MBA; for example, students could complete a quarter of their Executive MBA through ANELP.
ANELP is designed for high-potential leaders. Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Commitment to attend all sessions and successfully complete all modules
- Minimum of three years of managerial-level or above work experience
- Currently holds a leadership position
- A bachelor’s degree or 10 years of progressive work experience
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Identified potential to meaningfully contribute to the Alaska Native community
- An executive referral and corporate endorsement (more detail below)